Re: [suse-kde] Suse Wine Rack - MS Access
  • From: Craig Ambrose <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:42:46 +1100

I've seen that error message before from graphical programs which require root
privileges to run. Even if you start the program as root from a command
prompt (while logged into kde as a non-root user), it doesn't work. I'm sure
that it's possible to code X programs which resolve this situation without
the error, but this program certainly isn't the only one to do it this way.

The solution is to generally start a new X session as root, ie; log out of
kde, and log back in as root. Then run the program again. Presumably this is
just the installation/setup stuff, so that it should run normally the next
time you use it as a regular user.

btw, I'm using Crossover office here and it works quite well. I haven't tried
access, but it certainly works with the latest version of IE, and with MYOB
Accounts.

Craig