My kicker is tired
  • From: "Matt T." <Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:20:22 +0700
It started when I installed kde3.2. My kicker often does not react, and that
includes all kicker applets, including kmenu and the taskbar. All other apps
work fine, and immediately react on a mouseclick.

Only kicker and it's children do nothing, no matter how often I click on them.
kmenu does open, but when i click on an app in kmenu it often just does
nothing. I have to hit escape to make kmenu dissapear, and try again, and
again. Same to select an entry in klipper. Sometimes however kicker does not
sleep and does react promptly.

Now I upgraded to kde3.2.1, and it is somewhat better. Now kicker does not
sleep that often, most of the time I can use it. But sometimes kicker still
sleeps, only now kicker remembers what I clicked while he was sleeping, and
when he wakes up, he reacts and quickly starts all requested actions.

Again, all other apps are reacting instantly, and neither CPU nor memory are
used to its limits.

Any ideas how to kick this tired kicker in his ass to make him stop sleeping?

Thanks,
Matt

  • No further messages