Re: [suse-kde] Digital cameras
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:13:34 -0500
* Mel Andres <mel97215@xxxxxxxxxxx> [03-16-04 14:26]:

> Thanks to Ian for bringing this up. My birthday was last month, and
> the wife said go ahead and get one. After buying a Linux unfriendly
> printer, I wanted to be sure I bought the right one for me. Kept putting
> if off until it came up here. Just ordered the HP 735.

You should note that the camera matching linux is not the critical
point. The ability to access the memory chip is. Most cameras that
utilize removable memory are usable with linux with the use of a
usb memory card reader, which, imho, is the most desirable method.

Do not buy the HP 735 just because it will plug into linux. Buy the
camera that you desire that has a memory chip that is usable with a
usb memory card reader.
HOG # US1244711