Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.2
  • From: Michael Eichstädt <michael.eichstaedt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:17:38 +0100
Hello,
give YaST the installation source on an ftp server. e.g.
ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/
Goto runlevel 3.
Start YaST.
Choose software installation.
Mark all KDE components to be updated.
Let go.
Reboot.
Have fun!!
Greetings
Michael Eichstädt

Am Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2004 08:58 schrieb Craig Ambrose:
> The quoted reply below was offlist, but I hope Lee won't mind me posting it
> here, as others may find it interesting.
>
> On the subject of installing KDE3.2 with SuSE, I have a couple of other
> questions which I hope someone else has already encountered the answers to.
> I'm familiar with using package management systems like apt, and I guess
> I'm wondering if I can treat YaST2 in the same way. Can I set the ftp kde
> supplimentary directory as an installation source in YaST2 and then just
> tell it to update? Also, in a previous thread, I heard talk about not
> updating KDE using YaST while within KDE. Is this necessary?
.. not absolutely, but You wouldn't want to change sparkplugs on a running
engine, too, would You?