Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.2
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:23:51 -0500
On Saturday 07 February 2004 11:04 am, Sabine wrote:

> > > What obscure settings? My soundcard stopped working after the KDE
> > > 3.2 final (Santa Cruz/Turtle Beach with the CS4614/22/24
> > > CrystalClear SoundFusion Accelerator driver). Good thing I still
> > > had my old SB120, which works fine.

A useful test of what's going on is to run alsaconf (as root). As the last
step in the configuration it tries to play a sound. Before I fixed my sound
card settings, alsaconf would hang up when trying to play the sample. My
guess is that it's unlikely that alsaconf will neither get stuck nor produce
a sound.

Another useful test is to use the aplay program from a command line to play a
wave file directly. That bypasses any KDE funninesses.

Paul Abrahams