Re: [suse-kde] How can I configure kmail to be used as IMAP?
  • From: Daniel Eckl <daniel.eckl@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:03:47 +0100
Am Freitag, 21. März 2003 15:40 schrieb sven reinhardt:
> Am Freitag, 21. März 2003 15:21 schrieb Daniel Eckl:
> > Am Freitag, 21. März 2003 15:13 schrieb Alexander Beck-Ratzka:
> > > That' exactly the thing that I've done. Whenever I try to download any
> > > emails from
> > > my provider, I get the message "No new mails found" ...
> >
> > Well, then all is okay. There are no _NEW_ mails on the server.
>
> Well, AFAIK that is not necessarily true. If the mails are filtered on the
> IMAP-server, kmail (or who/whatever is doing it...) will not look in any
> subdirectories but only check the inbox on the server.
> Same thing with POP, which I am using - so actually I am only guessing ;)
>
> Gruesse
> Sven

Hi Sven!

Sorry, you are not right. Kmail is a full featured IMAPv4 client which is
fully able to scan for all IMAP folders and check their status, too. I use
kmail everyday with an server-side filtering IMAP server.

The only possibility that mails in other folders are ignored is, when you set
the folder prefix wrong, but then the whole bunch of folders is not
recognized, only INBOX.

Greets,
Daniel