Re: [suse-kde] How can I configure kmail to be used as IMAP?
  • From: Alexander Beck-Ratzka <abr-d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:13:08 +0100

Hi Daniel, you wrote:

> Am Freitag, 21. März 2003 15:40 schrieb sven reinhardt:
> > >
> > > Well, then all is okay. There are no _NEW_ mails on the server.

Thats wrong ... There have been new Mails on the server. I was able
to download them using POP one second later ... The problem was a
wrong folder prefix (see bottom of this mail...)

> > Well, AFAIK that is not necessarily true. If the mails are filtered on
the
> > IMAP-server, kmail (or who/whatever is doing it...) will not look in
any
> > subdirectories but only check the inbox on the server.
> > Same thing with POP, which I am using - so actually I am only guessing
;)

> > Gruesse
> > Sven
>
> Hi Sven!
>
> Sorry, you are not right. Kmail is a full featured IMAPv4 client which is
> fully able to scan for all IMAP folders and check their status, too. I
use
> kmail everyday with an server-side filtering IMAP server.
>
> The only possibility that mails in other folders are ignored is, when you
set
> the folder prefix wrong, but then the whole bunch of folders is not
> recognized, only INBOX.

It's working now, but I didn't use INBOX as folder prefix. I must
use nothing (an empty string...) as folder prefix, and then everything
works as it should.

Thank's for the hints and tips!

Greets,

Alexander