Help: DIA messed up my KDE!
  • From: Juan Jesús <jjalcolea@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:19:36 +0100
Hi list,

I've been using Suse Linux 8.1 pro with the bundled KDE
Desktop for a month now without much problems. Today, I have installed one of
the packages that comes in the distro, DIA, and to my surprise, when I ran it
the first time, my desktop changed to what seems to be a mix between KDE and
GNOME! I have the KDE Panel with all its options and icons, but the icons of
the desktop have dissappeared in favour of the 3 initial GNOME icons, and
also the custom back desktop images i had set up are gone. Now, when I click
the right mouse button, I get the GNOME contextual menu!!! All this happens
when I select KDE in the initial SUSE login window.

Help! What happened here? How can I restore my previous full KDE environment!

Thanks in advance for your support.

  • No further messages