Re: [suse-kde] KDE3.1 rocks, but...
  • From: Daniel Kröger <zesolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:49:35 +0100
> Hey all,

Hello PL O'Smith,

> It is very pretty and functional. Everything is so much faster and
> smoother operating. My hat goes off to the many KDE programmers and
> beta testers, but I am curious about two things so far. Why won't
> Krusader work and Konq file manager as root work?

I had the same problem with krusader using the 1.10 rpm for SuSE 8.1.
After updating to kde3.1 krusader just crashed at startup....
After trying to compile the 1.11 version, which didn't work either, I used the
1.12.beta and compiled it.
This version starts without a crash, but I wasn't able to get any buttons or
menus, just the help-menu..........which wasn't really helpful in this
case:-)
I searched around in the krusader-board an found the solution:
Just copy the content of the krusader-dir under /usr/local/kde/share/apps to
your home under ~/.kde/share/apps/krusader.
Restart....et voila...a working krusader under kde3.1.

Hope this helps.
ZeSolo