Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.0.3 ignores login manager settings
  • From: Dave Barton <bmcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 Sep 2002 22:37:11 +1000
On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 10:43, Peter Nunn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just installed 3.0.3 on my Suse 8 system (using rpm & -nodeps) from
> the KDE site and it is all running quite nicely except for the fact that
> all the users are showing up on the login screen.
>
> I can change the icon for the users, but thats about it. I can't get it
> to not show the other users (even if I move them all into the ignore
> dialog box) and can't even turn off the graphical login.
>
> Any idea what's going on here?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter.

Hi Peter,

I had the same problem. It sems to be a known condition.
The following is a copy of the solution posted to the list, which
resolved the problem for me:

<Q>
Usually, problems like these are because the control centre works on one
config file and kdm actually uses another. The symlink between the two
are broken in the upgrade.

Check that /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc actually is a symlink to
/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc. if it isn't, create it with

ln -s /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc

In the /etc/opt/kd[...] directory it's a possibility (it happened to me)
that rpm will have moved kdmrc to kdmrc.rpmsave. If that's the case,
just rename it to kdmrc before you create the symlink.

regards
Anders
</Q>

HTH