Re: [suse-kde] Here the configuration of KDE3 in Suse 7.3
  • From: Ruud van Damme <ruud.vandamme@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:59:07 +0200
Op vrijdag 16 augustus 2002 17:13, schreef Carl:

> .
> Nice, Ruud. Does Yast still work?

yast-1.13.2-34.rpm
Suse should keep it working, even give it mouse-support.
It works so good because of it's relative simplicity.

> I'm torn, because K3.0.3 is out next week, and Suse8.1/KDE3.1 at the end of
> September. Not sure what to risk, given that I'm barely functional now
> with 7.3/2.2.2 .

An important lesson:
Never install a package because it is newer!
Only install it because you think you need it.

I have kde 3.0.2 stable on suse 7.3,
although with a rather simple installation/configuration.
May be, scrolling in large pages can make konqueror mad and let him crash with
wild scroll-movements in his windows (after some time). Can someone confirm
this?

It was a not so good idea to keep /opt/kde2 beside /opt/kde3.
And certainly not making it still complexer with /etc/opt/kde2 and
/etc/opt/kde3. I hope kde will come back with only /opt/kde.

And what I really don't understand is, why truetype-fonts still are not the
default in KDE.

Ruud.