Fonts, round 2
  • From: Joe Sullivan <firechild@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:59:17 +0200
Hmm...

Something weird this way comes?

SuSE 7.3, KDE 3.0.3, QT 3.0.5 - All SuSE RPMs

I've noticed that in KFontInstaller, inside the "preview" box, the font gets
anti-aliased, but nowhere else!

This tells me that I *can* get anti-aliased fonts. Maybe? But something is set
up wrong. Well, besides SuSE intentionally shutting off anti-aliasing in the
QT RPMs...

I'm totally confused and frustrated at this point. Why would fonts show up
anti-aliased in the preview box for KFontInstaller, but nowhere else? I've
got "Use anti-alias" marked in the Control Panel, useXft=true and
enableXft=true in /etc/X11/qtrc . All fonts are set to Arial or some other
anti-aliasable font.

Yet I still get no anti-aliasing except in the KFontInstaller font preview
box.

What's missing?

Joe
I'm too sexy for my desktop. Too sexy for my desktop...

< Previous Next >