I can't compile any KDE package :?
  • From: "Alberto Curro" <acurrop@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:55:47 +0200
Hi everyone,

I'm using the 7.2 release, almost fully updated, and now I've XFree86
4.2.0 and KDE 3.0.1 (binaries). As I want to improve the speed of KDE (I
have a i686 plattform) and install the same time the 3.0.2 release, I have
downloaded the .spm and installed it. What's my surprise when I do a
"./configure" and it fails.

The matter is this happens with every application designed for KDE 3.x.
For example, with caitoo 2.0Beta1, this is the output from ./configure.

alberto@linux:/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/caitoo-0.6.6 > ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for a C-Compiler...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for a C++-Compiler...
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ -s) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot
create executables.

Any idea?

BTW, I have installed these packages and versions :

autoconf-2.5
automake-1.5
gcc-2.95.2
g++-2.95.2

and almost everything, though, that KDE3 needs to compile succesfully. Do
I need another package, or 'tune' anything to get it?

Regards

Alberto Curro

  • No further messages