K-Mail early disconnect from POP
  • From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:53:20 -0400
I'm not sure if this is:

a) operator error
b) working as designed
c) a bug
d) other.

On the company POP3 server, we have "inbox" and several
other folders. After I start K-Mail, a click on the server
name (or on the server's "inbox" folder) causes K-Mail to
request authentication, and then to commence download of my
mail. However, if I select another folder before the
download has finished, the process stops and I get an error
message saying that it died unexpectedly before completion.

In other words, while downloading 300 messages from the POP
server, I can't go read my already-sorted mail without
unintentionally (often) killing the server connection. Is
that the way it's supposed to work, and what other people
experience?

My impression is that this is not 100%, but it has happened
several times. I'm reluctant to repeat for verification,
because a premature disconnect means the messages do not
get deleted at the server. I already have many hundreds of
duplicates.

/kevin