Re: [suse-kde] Konq & Launching External Apps
  • From: AnonymousCoward <quantum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:07:45 -0500

.
> Yes, and you will have to "export DISPLAY=:0.0" from the root login, as
> well.
>
> Another way in your root console is:
> # xauth merge /home/username/.Xauthority
> # export DISPLAY=:0.0
>
> This will not require opening up xsessions to everyone via xhost+.
>
> Regards,
> Robb

Dude you might have lost me here.

I understand these need to be entered in a root console, but I can't fathom
what they do. And presumably the 'export DISPLAY' command would have to be
done on every reboot?

The terms "opening up xsessions" and "via xhost+" are unfamiliar. Any
enlightenment appreciated.