Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-invis (26 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-invis] Software choices
  • From: Markus Benedikt <mbenedikt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:33:59 +0100
Gentlemen!

I have two different approaches to backups and restores on ivis-machines:

1.) on host that have to stay online 7*24 I stick with Stefans "dumpall"
2.) on hosts that allow nightly downtimes I stop all daemons and system services but the backup ones and backup up a nearly dead box - this actually is the ancient but bulletproof OS/400 way ;-)

... for bare metals I utilize mindi and mondo to do a DVD image of the bare system + backup software installation

@Joerg - I aint offended at all :-)

Cheers
Markus