Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-ham (10 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-ham-e] Ham software
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:35:30 +0000 (UTC)
Patrick Gross wrote:

On Monday 26 September 2005 10:32 pm, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

Hi.

It has been discussed before, but I have lost the details.
On older SuSE dists we had ham software on the cd's, but they are not to
be found anylonger.
What is the alternative ?

73 de Erik OZ4KK

From Mike, W1NR,

The kernel stuff is there. The applications are no longer on the
distribution. To install them, bring up YaST. Go to "Change Source of
Installation". Add an FTP installation source pointing to the ham "project"
on a mirror with a complete distribution such as:

server ftp.esat.net directory
mirrors/ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/ham/9.3-i386/

Go to install and remove software. If you select "Package Groups" you will
see the ham radio packages under "Productivity->Hamradio. Check off what
you want and click accept. The packages will get installed. Be sure to
have your CD's/DVD available if any other packages need to get installed due
to dependencies.

Hope this helps...
--- Patrick Gross - kc7tqz
Maple Valley, WA

Hi Mike.

Very nice for your reply, and tnx so much. Ok about where to find the stuff, and what to be care of when installing.

73 de Erik OZ4KK

< Previous Next >
List Navigation