[opensuse-goblin] Smeegol status update - 21Jul10
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:42:56 +0100
Aloha all you Goblin lovers.

Just to give you all an update as to the current state of play
considering I was hoping to have released the Smeegol edition yesterday.

There are a couple of blocking issues at present:

1. There is an issue with gconf not being loaded correctly which
basically means that users are being dumped into a GNOME session rather
than the MeeGo session.

2. When I manually edit the gconf path to load the correct settings, the
MeeGo UI isnt being loaded, but a broken GNOME session is started. This
means a normal GNOME panel etc and not the MeeGo panel.

We're at a bit of an impasse until these can be fixed. There are a
couple of minor issues too, mutter-moblin has a dirty hack to get it to
build which involves removing a .desktop file which cant find the
correct icon; some application icons use the old/default tango style
rather than the MeeGofied icons. As far as I can see these aren't deal
breakers, but would be good to fix.

Just to remind people, the repository is Meego:Netbook, and if anyone
would like to try the image to see what I mean you can grab the hybrid
iso from [0]. I haven't done the 1click yet as I'd like to get the
blockers resolved - I will try and get it done today though to help with
testing.

If you use the image, you will also get a fully functioning GNOME
environment too, ideally I would like to slim the image down but that
can come in the future.

Any and all help is appreciated (as always).

Regards,

Andy

0 - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Meego:/Netbook/images/iso/

--