[opensuse-goblin] MeeGo Status
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:50:46 +0100
I thought it was about time that I enlightened people as to what the
state of play is with my efforts of getting MeeGo 1.0 for Netbooks on
openSUSE.

The good news is I think I'm pretty much there :-) I believe all the
essential packages are built now, although there is a *lot* of work to
be done in getting the packages into Factory. The outstanding work is
mostly spec file housekeeping but non the less it will be a relatively
laborious task.

I am currently looking at getting a hybrid iso image built so that
people can install the goodness straight of the bat and have the image
available pretty close to 11.3's release - this may or may not happen as
fast as I would like but we'll see.

For those that are interested all the packages etc live in
Meego:Netbook, and the image stuff lives in the meego-live package in
there. Any and all help with cleaning spec files and creating an image
is most appreciated.

Talking of thanks, none of this would have happened without the huge
amounts of help from DimStar, darix, joeyli, glin, mchang, mlin, mmeeks
and vuntz. Thank you *SO* much chaps!

I will try and get a 1-Click done as a temporary solution whilst I work
on an image. If people could have a look at the repo and let me know if
anything is missing that would be great - don't forget you can submit
anything that is missing ;-)

As soon as I have anything new I'll let you know.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa