Re: [opensuse-goblin] Merging Moblin / Factory ... the plan.
  • From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:08:55 +0000
Hi Vincent,

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 12:37 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Let's do it. I'll start on Thursday, and will try to be full-time on it
on Friday.

Wonderful; thank you.

I can help with b, c and f (f is just a matter of renaming the package
to mutter-moblin and having some conflict between mutter and
mutter-moblin).

Ah - well, we have a mutter-moblin package that is the plugin for
mutter already ;-) But, I tend to agree that it is a chunk of work
reconciling those two, and perhaps one that we can't invest in now. So
we need to think of a new name :-)

As AJ suggests, these might be more elegant in a new devel project:
Moblin:UI (?).

So if I understand things right, Moblin:Factory will be used to provide a
"stable" build of Moblin (against 11.2), and all the real factory stuff
will live in other projects. Is this right?

That was my plan ;-) perhaps it is the wrong one.

Does that mean that the moblin team will push the fixes that will happen
later (and the new packages that might appear) in the other projects
too?

Sure, I would hope so. Of course, the need to submit fixes to a
plethora of different places is unpleasant; but - presuming we only get
fixes into (say) a Factory branch of a Devel project, and M:F itself
(where that is based on a 'STABLE' or 11.2 version), perhaps it is
do-able.

HTH,

Michael.

--