Re: [opensuse-goblin] Merging Moblin / Factory ... the plan.
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:15:07 +0100
Le mercredi 17 février 2010, à 13:20 +0100, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
I'm confused by the usage of repositories. Could you clarify the following
(for after the change):

* Where will Moblin UI packages get developed for openSUSE:Factory (what is
the devel project) ?
* What purpose will Moblin:Factory have?

This is what I understood after discussing on IRC:

+ Moblin:Factory aims to be a stable, usable Moblin for a released
version of openSUSE (11.2 right now)
+ Moblin for Factory would come straight from openSUSE:Factory
+ Moblin:UI would be the devel project for the Moblin packages in
openSUSE:Factory, but also for Moblin:Factory

This now makes some sense to me, but I must admit I think it's still a
bit confusing in some way, but mostly because it doesn't use the same
terminology as other projects.

This is what I would propose to make things clearer (it's not mandatory,
and it requires a bit more work):

+ we have packages in openSUSE:Factory
+ Moblin:Factory is the devel project for the Moblin packages in oS:F
(and nothing else)
+ Moblin:2.1 (and later M:2.2) is used to deliver the stable version of
Moblin on released distributions (would build against 11.2 right now)
=> This would mean that the current content of M:F would be moved to
M:2.1.
+ Moblin:UI disappears

Most of the time, it will turn out that a package in Moblin:2.1 will be
the same as the one in oS:F. In such case, we can use M:F as devel
project for M:2.1 too.

When Factory is frozen, M:F will also be frozen. However, work can
continue in M:2.1 directly, and we'll sync packages once Factory gets
unfrozen. (Or we could use a temporary Moblin:Unstable project to keep
track of what changes, and make it easy to sync the packages later)

Opinions?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.