Re: [opensuse-goblin] Goblin on PentiumM
On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 06:31 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 12:59:59PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Allen,

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 15:04 +1000, Allen Benter wrote:
I am new on the list, but hope I can help in some way along the journey.

Welcome; great to have you around :-)

I have an Asus R2Hv which has a PentiumM processor - it does not have
SSE3 support (only SSE2). Can I install one of the images for the
eee701 and then add the Moblin repositories?

So - that sounds fine; last I checked we don't turn on any of the SSE3
optimisations during compile time, so (in contrast to the Intel builds)
- you should be fine.

Not true, I do not think the kernel will boot properly, but I could be
wrong about this.

Please test the image and let us know if it works or not.

thanks,

greg k-h

I downloaded and tried the GenericGNOME.i686 but the kernel could not
load because it requires the pae cpu extension. Here is the output from
cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 13
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.00GHz
stepping : 6
cpu MHz : 600.000
cache size : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up bts est tm2
bogomips : 1198.37
clflush size : 64

Currently the R2Hv is running openSUSE 11.0 without any major problems
using 2.6.25.20-0.5-default.

Any ideas?

Allen