Re: [opensuse-goblin] Moblin, Goblin & openSUSE
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:34:03 -0700
On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 11:01:17PM +0200, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
Greg,

Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 08:23:07PM +0200, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

Sorry, but still the list of dependice conflicts/manual selection popup,
when I try the 1-click goblin installation. First I did a clean-down of
my 11.1 x86_64 system, using an update installation from the 11.1 DVD.

Here is the list of repos and priorities that is set up by the 1-click
goblin installation. Is something wrong here, maybe other priorities can
avoid the list:

20 openSUSE-11.1-Update
99 Moblin:Base
99 Moblin:Base:Updates
99 Moblin:UI

Hm, shouldn't these be Moblin:Factory instead of :Base and :UI? :Base
and :UI are much more experimental.

thanks,

greg k-h

Some 'options':

As I'm also testing 11.2M6 i586 and x86_64, I wonder if Goblin is
possible to add from Factory on these? Possibly guidelines?

I do not know, sorry.

I would also be interested to try the 'native' openSUSE Moblin iso as a
Xen desktop guest (DomU) using 11.2 as desktop host OS (Dom0)? This to
avoid wiping out other disk partitions on a multboot installation. (i.e
CentOS, Ubuntu and Mandriva desktops each has been possible to install
and test as Xen guests using 11.1 as desktop host OS)

Moblin needs accelerated graphics to work properly, good luck doing that
in a Xen instance :(

And third, is Moblin/Goblin expected be included already on the upcoming
11.2 M7 iso?

As M7 is already released, that would be difficult :)

At this time, we do not have anything merged with the 11.2 releases, but
note the constant change that is happening daily in the Moblin:Factory
tree to see that we are doing lots of work here...

thanks,

greg k-h