Re: [opensuse-goblin] Moblin, Goblin & openSUSE
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 23:07:39 +0200

Peter Czanik wrote on Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:40:44 +0200:

So please let us know your opinion if and how to integrate Moblin
with
openSUSE?

I don't know, if it is technically possible, but I would be happy, if at
least the UI part could be integrated into 11.2.

I'm a new subscriber on this list and would like to add a question and a few suggestions to this previous thread - from my 'users point of view':

As the 11.2 DVD space is mentioned constrained, will it instead be possible to make Goblin as an 'Add-on product' to openSUSE 11.2 ?

For the installation I think of getting a software 'desktop pattern' already available for the intial 11.2 installation and/or when adding Goblin as new product with the YaST package manager afterwards.

For practical use I think of getting Moblin as an option on the 'change session switch' on the gdm login panel, in addition to the current installed desktop options Gnome/KDE/XFCE.

This to complement the already mentioned OBS '1-click installation'.
And of course a dedicated Goblin Live/install-CD/USB will be of interest for all potential users ;)

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen