Re: [opensuse-gnome] Boot failure
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 05:00, Michael Hill <mdhillca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know this isn't GNOME-specific, but I'm hoping someone can direct me
to some instructions for how to recover.  After the latest 12.2
upgrade, a number of boot scripts give errors (02-start.sh,
03-storage.sh, 05-kms.sh, 06-blogd.sh among others).  I get:

mount: mount point /dev/pts does not exist, and

Trying manual resume from
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-HITACHI_HTS543225A7A3B4_E2024242HBPPJD-part5

(I have a snapshot of the screen if there's someplace to upload it.)

Does anyone know if the problem is related to this?

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2012-02/msg00437.html

Sadly at first I thought it was a hardware issue; when I got the same
result on another machine I began to suspect otherwise. :-)

Mike

I have this too and what's really odd about it is you let it fail and
it brings you to a near completely useless shell prompt. Type in
'exit' and in my case it continues booting my system like nothing was
wrong. Everything runs fine for me once I type 'exit'

Hope that helps
Stephen

PS. I would certainly be great if they got that fixed.