Re: [opensuse-gnome] 12.1 Menu Language half Greek/half English
  • From: Christian Wansart <christian.wansart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:44:18 +0100
* Christian Wansart <christian.wansart@xxxxxxx> [11-18-11 13:59]:
Something went wrong.. oO My text disappeared.

@ Stathis: Thanks for reporting. In the KDE Live CD is a similar problem
which I could only resolve by running "zypper dup" as well. Perhaps
that's a general problem with the Live CDs?

The "live cd"s do not have enough space for *many* different languages.
Duscussion exists about dropping the cd's for larger iso's for install on
flash memory drives that contain *more* language files.

These iso's will not ever contain *all* the possible languages.

... and even the "english" is sometimes somewhat disconcerting :^)
That's true but why is it only possible to install the right language packages
running "zypper dup"? Perhaps the Live CDs should run this command on first
boot or there should be something fixed that the required packages for the
language will be installed as regular updates.

I mean, they weren't even provided by running "zypper up". And set English and
back again didn't work either, so what do you want an unexperienced user to do
to fix this? Do they really have to work with half Englisch / half native
language systems? Then it's probably better to drop the Live CDs at all. I
know a lot of people who can't speak English and they probably will never be
able to do.

Regards,
Christian Wansart