[opensuse-gnome] kdm-gdmcompat
  • From: Valerio Mariani <valerio.mariani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 02:40:32 +0200
Dear All,

I have been trying to use kdm-gdmcompat with the latest
version of GNOME shipping with RC1:

http://opensource.fsmi.uni-karlsruhe.de/projects/kdm-gdmcompat/

Essentially, the program listens on the gdm_socket that is usually
used to comunicate to GDM, and passes the command to KDM.

My goal is to use it to switch users when using Gnome as a desktop
environment but KDM as display manager.

Unfortunately, the thing is not working. If I look at the logs, no
signal is received on the socket when switching user from the gnome
menu. Since I find no documentation online, does anyone know if GDM
3.2 still using the socket to communicate?

Thank you in advance

Valerio