Re: [opensuse-gnome] Warning: GDM broken in GNOME:Factory
Le vendredi 23 septembre 2011, à 08:56 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :
On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 00:49 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

GDM is apparently broken in GNOME:Factory right now: there's no way to
enter your password. It's fun, but doesn't help you use your computer.

For now, I advise you to either not upgrade gdm from GNOME:Factory (or
downgrade to the version in Factory), or to use autologin (the
DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN key in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager).

I doubt I'll be able to fix this tomorrow, so people are welcome to step
up to debug that. My quick guess is that this commit is the issue:

Hi All,

As Vincent won't have time and I'm back from my partying, I created a
package with the commit pointed out by vuntz reverted.

The package should shortly appear in my branch repo:

And of course, it is absolutely untested! But if you had the issue
already, it can only get better, no?

Thanks Dominique, this fixes the issue. I also fixed another issue that
caused xdm to be used, and pushed to Factory.