Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:Factory at 3.1.5
Le jeudi 25 août 2011 à 19:12 -0400, Michael Hill a écrit :
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Michael Hill <mdhillca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Successfully upgraded... Evolution, Epiphany, gedit and gnome-terminal
all launch in fallback mode. I'll let you know what GNOME Shell looks
like when I get my nouveau driver under control -- I can only get to
the desktop using the 'modeset' boot option.

That would be 'nomodeset'. So Dominique, apparently my nVidia driver
for 12.1 still needs work. If I get a chance I will get an AMD video
card to test instead; then my desktop machine will match my laptop.

nvidia proprietary driver doesn't support modesetting. I think you have
nouveau and nvidia proprietary driver stepping on each other toes..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE