[opensuse-gnome] Why won't vlc install in oS with Gnome?
I simply cannot install vlc in 11.4 with gnome - but it installs, and behaves, perfectly in 11.4 with KDE.

I have used the "1-click install" in Packman and also downloaded vlc from videolan - and both are supposed to install in oS 11.4.

However, when installing the rpm from videolan I get the error message:

nothing provides needed by

and the one from packman comes up with the error message:

nothing provides

Anybody know the story on how to get vlc installed and working under gnome in openSUSE 11.4, please?

(Frustration plus......... :-( .)

"The older the violin the sweeter the music."