Re: [opensuse-gnome] 11.2 Gnome upgrade to Gnome Stable evolution failure
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:39:26 -0200
On Wed 09 Feb 2011 at 2:50:59 (-0300 UTC) Akhil Laddha wrote:

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 11:12 -0200, Marco Calistri wrote:
Mates,

Yesterday I tried to update my Gnome 11.2 from 2.28 to 2.30 by enabling
G:S:11.2.

Everything gone well and I'm on Gnome 2.30, but Evolution stayed at
2.28, then I attempted to force the update to version 2.30 but this was
not working and Evolution presented a window without any
folders/messages indicating the word "null" on top of its window.

Did evolution-data-server get upgraded ?

Please make sure evolution, evolution-data-server and gtkhtml are
upgraded to right versions.

- Akhil

Are there any particular instructions to complete the update of
Evolution to 2.30?

Akhil,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm going to try again following your directions, then, if still fails,
I was thinking to enable G:F:11.2 with related Backports and Contrib to
try upgrading to latest Gnome version available.

Marco Calistri <amdturion>
Anyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means
is, of course, living in a state of sin.
-- John Von Neumann