Re: [opensuse-gnome] 11.2 Gnome upgrade to Gnome Stable evolution failure
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:39:26 -0200
On Wed 09 Feb 2011 at 2:50:59 (-0300 UTC) Akhil Laddha wrote:

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 11:12 -0200, Marco Calistri wrote:

Yesterday I tried to update my Gnome 11.2 from 2.28 to 2.30 by enabling

Everything gone well and I'm on Gnome 2.30, but Evolution stayed at
2.28, then I attempted to force the update to version 2.30 but this was
not working and Evolution presented a window without any
folders/messages indicating the word "null" on top of its window.

Did evolution-data-server get upgraded ?

Please make sure evolution, evolution-data-server and gtkhtml are
upgraded to right versions.

- Akhil

Are there any particular instructions to complete the update of
Evolution to 2.30?

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm going to try again following your directions, then, if still fails,
I was thinking to enable G:F:11.2 with related Backports and Contrib to
try upgrading to latest Gnome version available.

Marco Calistri <amdturion>
Anyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means
is, of course, living in a state of sin.
-- John Von Neumann