Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME Fully loaded - Studio Image
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 01:43:58 -0700
On 11/9/2010 at 01:14 AM, in message <20101108194447.GG2016@xxxxxxxxx>,
Vincent
Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le lundi 08 novembre 2010, à 12:25 -0700, Sankar P a écrit :
On 11/9/2010 at 12:46 AM, in message <20101108191601.GF2016@xxxxxxxxx>,
Vincent
Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's really just a bug in the GNOME Reloaded image: it doesn't contain
all the right patterns. That was mostly caused by a bug in Studio where
some patterns are not visible.

Okay. I will hang around in #susestudio tommorrow and will see if it should
be reported etc. and followup on it.

I already reported it :-)

You can work around by instaling the packages that correspond to the
patterns (like patterns-openSUSE-gnome_utilities).

I searched the list of patterns available and there is no gnome_utilities
pattern. Nor does the list of patterns seem to have anything that will
install Firefox and gedit :(

For now, I am adding them manually. So, it is not a blocker for me. But a
big usability issue.

As I said, you should install the packages that correspond to the
patterns, not the patterns themselves. So instead of looking for the
gnome_utilities pattern, look for the patterns-openSUSE-gnome_utilities
package. That should work around the issue for now.

Ah Okay. Got it.

Thanks.

Sankar