[opensuse-gnome] Gwibber
  • From: James Ogley <riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:14:21 +0100
I had a message a couple of days ago from Ryan Paul, lead developer on
Gwibber. He was apologising basically for the state of the Couch-based
Gwibber and telling me that he's dropping it as soon as that version (to
which, I think, Ubuntu are committed for their next release) is out the
door.

He's already started working on Gwibber 3.0 which uses SQLite as a
backend (and so, doesn't add any new esoteric requirements).

I've done a local build and what I have to say is that, although Ryan
says it's a couple of weeks (only a couple of weeks!) off being ready
for public consumption, it's already more stable and usable than the
Couch version.

I'm inclined to commit it to home:Riggwelter:GNOME for a bit more
testing. Given that it's already ahead of the Couch version, I'm also
inclined to propose it for 11.3 which would mean we could drop the whole
Couch stack too as I don't think anything else uses it (hence all the
pain in getting it sorted for Gwibber).

RFC before I commit.
--
James Ogley (riggwelter) openSUSE Member GNOME Team and Planet SUSE
e: riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx w: http://opensuse.org/GNOME