Re: [opensuse-gnome] Tracker packages available for testing
  • From: Anshul Jain <anshulajain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:30:01 +0000
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 17:30 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 22:42 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,
I've prepared some preliminary (ie, completely untested by me ;-))
packages for tracker. They're available from GNOME:Apps, for 11.2 and
Factory.
I'd be great if some people could try them out a bit.
I guess we might want to disable the indexer by default -- that would be
a first change to do. Contributions welcome :-)
Hopefully, we'll be able to close this soon:
https://features.opensuse.org/307899
(Thanks to Luis for his initial work on this!)
This is great news.  On two 11.2 boxes (one 32bit and one 63bit) I've
installed the packages and started the service.  Both display the panel
notification that Tracker is working, and I see the processes.  I can
edit preferences and bring up the Tracker search tool.
But no search finds anything on either box;  both have Filesystem at 0%
index and Emails and Applications at 100% indexed.

I've had to uninstall evolution-tracker-0.7.28-2.1.x86_64;  Evolution
upon start-up would work every available server and even after 45
minutes was still scanning folders.  After removing the package and
killing off Evo and restarting Evo is running happily again.

I'm using Tracker as well, haven't seen the problem that Adam
mentioned above. I had filed a bug report in the Mandriva Bugzilla on
tracker-evolution support. Apparently, upstream says that
tracker-evolution doesn't work as its supposed to.

Regards
Anshul