Re: [opensuse-gnome] Community Discussion - GNOME Edition
  • From: Atri Bhattacharya <badshah400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:33:44 +0530
So basically I'm looking to see what you the GNOME Community feel is
missing, an issue, could be improved etc. Also crucially how do you
think any of the issues can be resolved.

In my opinion the GNOME Community (or any of the smaller teams, e.g. KDE
Community) needs a leader/community coordinator (with good knowledge of
GNOME and involved in upstream efforts as well) who will organise and
channelise community efforts. Such a person could try and formulate
short term plans, publicise them from time to time and seek the help of
the community to get these done. At the moment I think there is good
direction with the GNOME team (and the releases are excellent) but
plans, both short term and long term are not publicised enough (or
perhaps they are and I have just missed them, if so apologies!).

As an example someone could do a monthly round-up of developments taking
place in the openSUSE GNOME landscape using this mailing list and pin
down where help is required with pointers for new interested helpers,
etc.

Andy

Bye, and thanks for starting up this discussion.

--
Atri