Re: [opensuse-gnome] gwibber and desktopcouch
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:27:24 +0100
On 3/18/2010 at 17:23, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 18 March 2010 17:05:32 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 3/18/2010 at 16:55, James Ogley <riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
you submitted gwibber to openSUSE:FActory with:
+- Added Requires: python-desktopcouch.
But that package - and it's dependencies - is not yet in
openSUSE:Factory.

Without that requires, someone doing an update will get a
non-functioning gwibber since it was already updated to the
couch-dependent version.

If the couch stack's not going into Factory, gwibber *must* be
downgraded back to the 2.0 packages I submitted a while ago, newer
versions have a hard dependency on couch.

I think getting couch into Factory should not be the biggest of our worries
/ problems. Somebody already got a package around that we can just take,
cleanup and forward? (Even better if we can skip the cleanup part). I'll
work on this asap.

Check:
home:FunkyPenguin:Gwibber-couch/

I even took care that the packages build for Factory but haven't tested them

I used osc search python-desktopcouch and it showed my a package by Riggwelter
(Isn't that James?)
I already copypac'ed it to my branch and am busy fixing it up for Factory (only
minor tweakings needed).

name wise python-desktopcouch sounds more reasonable than gwibber-couch (it's
not only for gwibber after all).

At the current pace I expect that I can submit it to devel:languages:python
later this evening. (I don't think the GNOME: namespace is the right one.
Just because a G-app is the first consumer doesn't make that specific lib a
G-lib).

Dominqiue