Re: [opensuse-gnome] Empathy by default. Again :-)
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:19:44 +1100
Hello,

Since there were no objections to this, lets make Empathy default now.

Cheers,
Magnus

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 16:56 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hey,

So it's that time of the year again, where we discuss shipping empathy
as default IM client:
https://features.opensuse.org/308281

As far as I can tell, the last unresolved issues we have with it are:

+ the handling of certificates, especially for groupwise
+ proxies

As a reminder, empathy offers a better GNOME integration, as long as
several cool features (share your desktop!), and has an intuitive UI.

IMHO, if the certificate issue is really just for groupwise, we should
ignore it.

As for proxies, I'll let Dominique comment there. My guess, though, is
that most people don't have to use proxies, so are not affected. People
using proxies will know that they have to use one, and can use pidgin
instead.

What do you think?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.