Re: [opensuse-gnome] Some features to implement for 11.3
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:18:04 -0700
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 07:38, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Here's a list of features that I think we should try to implement for
11.3; those are mostly not-too-big tasks, so I think anybody could step
up and help. This list is in no way the complete stuff.

There are three categories in this list:
 + removing old stuff and migrating to the new "solutions"
 + trying to not install unneeded packages by default (that should help
  with the livecd size too, and so we could add more useful apps)
 + offering a better user experience by tweaking various small things

Note that this list doesn't contain any very ambitious goal, and I'd
love if people would want to work on such goals (like improving the
login performance, or really solving the "install codecs in a legal way"
issue). So we can discuss other goals too :-)

 at-spi2 by default
 https://features.opensuse.org/308451
 => I think this is mostly implemented now, but this needs testing. Any
   volunteer?

The mono-uia team is working on this to an extent. Our stuff will
require it and we are spending developer resources on it. If you want
to help out there are a few channels that you could join. They are
all on irc.gimp.net. #a11y - general gnome accessibility stuff,
#atspidbus - the main at-spi2 channel, and our team channel is
#mono-a11y

Cheers,
Stephen