[opensuse-gnome] yast2-gtk software manager UI call
  • From: "Ricardo Cruz" <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:38:51 +0100
Hi folks,

It seems there is interest in reshaping Yast Gnome's
software manager, which admittedly is guilty of
design heresies and other sins. I am willing to supply
the man-power, you guys make the demands.

One way to go about it is to systematically normalize
the UI elements, such as converting the status buttons
to tabs- I wonder however if people have more fundamental
issues about it.

Tell me what you like the most about the UI and don't
want touched, and what you disliked the most and would
like nuked.

For instance, would you miss the changes sidebar if
we demoted it to an items called "Summary" over the categories
box?
What about the "Upgrades" button?

Feel free to suggest new features such as customizable
columns.

If you'd like to get more involved, subscribe to:
http://groups.google.com/group/yast2-gtk

Past mockups are available at:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST2-GTK#Brainstorm:_mockups

Cheers,