[opensuse-gnome] Thinking about 2.29...
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 17:14:38 +0200
Hola,

I was thinking about GNOME 2.29... When we restarted our effort to
backport GNOME to old versions of openSUSE, we said we'd do our best
to backport to as many old versions as possible.

Looking at 2.28, we already have some issues with DeviceKit and
PolicyKit 1.0 on 11.1... I can only imagine things getting more
difficult during 2.29 on 11.1.

So my question is simple: do you think it's worth the effort of working
on GNOME 2.29 on 11.1? Or should we focus on 2.29 on factory and 11.2?

(we can certainly backport some selected packages, like gnome-shell, but
the whole GNOME would be really hard, I think)

Thanks,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.