Re: [opensuse-gnome] VOTE: Package DownThemAll Plugin with Firefox - [URGENT]
  • From: Sankar P <sankar.curiosity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:14:09 +0530
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Andreas Jaeger<aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 31 August 2009 19:03:23 Sankar P wrote:
Hi,

As suggested by Captain Magnus, I started this survey to see what you
people feel about installing DownThemAll plugin (a download manager)
for Firefox by default.

What I suggest to do is to bundle a couple of usefull plugins into a separate
package - and install that one.  We should give the users the option to remove
the complete bundle in an easy way.  And if that happens, I'm for a default
install.  Otherwise - if it's part of the Firefox main package - I'm against
it.

So, I voted "no" for now,

I think installing a firefox-recommended-plugins-bundle is a good
option. If that is the case, I hope your vote can be taken as a YES
for DownThemAll for such a bundle.

I believe some plugin for video-downloading, Greasemonkey,
DownThemAll, Beagle-firefox, chatzilla (and any other popular plugin
?) will make a good bundle.

However I dont know if there will be other issues bcos of packaging
the plugins as a bundle. Someone with more packaging knowledge will be
better to make that decision. Sure, it looks attractive in my opinion.

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com