Re: [opensuse-gnome] VOTE: Firefox Beagle Plugin - Urgent
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:01:48 +0200
On 8/31/2009 at 4:59 PM, Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 00:19 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hi all,

When we do a default GNOME install, we will also get a Firefox plugin
for beagle to index the online history. I like to know if people want
this to be automatically installed or not.

So, can you please reply to the list (ctrl+l in evolution) and let us
know if this firefox plugin should be installed by default or not.

[ ] Install by default
[ ] Do not install by default

I wonder if there should be another option "Installed but disabled"?
I actually have mine installed but I always disable the plugin. I'd be
more interested in hearing about use cases as to whether this plugin
(not a referendum on Beable itself!) is useful or not.

I use it quite often ot index all my 'bugzilla' entries all over the places.
Like knowing I 'browsed' through different bugs, but not having a clue
where it was, still knowing the 'topic' ore or less, helps me find the ticket
rather quick.

Beagle and all those desktop searches are an additional too to learn, but they
can serve quite good once you get used to them.

Dominique