Re: [opensuse-gnome] Removing icons from menus by default
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:57:34 -0600
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

What do people think about setting
/desktop/gnome/interface/menus_have_icons to FALSE by default?

I'm trying this, and while a few things needs some changes (panel menus,
mainly), I believe it makes the interface feel more stream-lined. So
this might be something we could consider for 11.2...

Vincent

Not bad... I kind of like it, but if I'm doing it right, it seems
really lame that it doesn't give you that space back. It looks like
it just doesn't show the icon instead of not showing it and resizing
it

Stephen