Re: [opensuse-gnome] Make gnome-main-menu pluginable
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:40:16 +0200
Le lundi 04 mai 2009, à 00:08 +0200, Christian Jäger a écrit :
Am Samstag, den 02.05.2009, 01:19 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:

A few quick comments:

+ there will most probably a gnome-panel 2.30 that will behave like the
gnome-panel that you have right now, but that will be 3.0-ready for
people who don't like GNOME Shell, or companies who need something
more "usual"

So, there may be sense in developing, for example, SLAB, the new
gnome-main-menu further? In that case, please have a look at some of the
improvements suggestions on bugzilla; slab and the app-browser could do
much better if they made some options easily discoverable - like adding
favorites etc.

Oh, gnome-main-menu development probably shouldn't completely stop. I
guess we just need people to look at it. I guess we could even bribe
Magnus ;-)

Also, who in the world will know that a thing called 'yast' with an
ant-eater-icon actually opens something like administrator-settings?

Definitely agree. Did you file a bug about this? Because I know I wanted
to file one...