Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:UNSTABLE
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:39:36 +1100
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 21:20 +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Magnus Boman wrote:

GNOME:STABLE contains what was in openSUSE 11.1 and is suppose to be
updated to latest 2.24.x (already have a few updates like evo in there)
so we want to keep it.

I still think, that GNOME:STABLE is a bad name. Maybe we just follow
SVN-style development and create trunk (Factory) and stable branches
(GNOME_2_24 or so). Each of these "stable" branches may live for some
time, then silently die. Subscribing to ´╗┐GNOME:STABLE introduce large
upgrade time after time, which may be considered as unwanted.

Yeah, let me add ;build_compare' to that repo. Should ease the pain a
bit. As far as the repo names go, they were discussed in a different
email thread [1] a while ago.

If GNOME:GTK.* is causing issues it'd be good to fix it or get rid of
it. I'm not involved in that one so I'll leave that up to you :-)

It does not cause any problem. It's simply unmaintained. I brought it
for packages, which need newer GTK+, but not whole GNOME (e. g. GIMP).

In that case, we should get rid of it. I suppose you have maintainer
rights to simply delete the whole project?

Maybe linking to G:S would be a solution as well.

I'd think that we could use G:U for this instead? I mean, we will have
the latest GIMP in G:F for now, but as soon as verion freeze comes in to
the picture, we will start updating in G:U until Factory freeze is over.

Cheers,
Magnus

[1]
http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-gnome/2009-01/msg00063.html