Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:UNSTABLE
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:07:55 +1100
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 16:06 +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello people,

I'd like to delete all package from GNOME:UNSTABLE to avoid people using
old, stale, broken stuff. G:U, as explained [1] is only going to be used
once Factory is frozen prior to the next openSUSE release.

If you have any packages in there that you need, can you please copy
them somewhere else. I plan on removing all packages in a weeks time.

It followed factory in past. I guess that there is nothing that is not
elsewhere.

I guess that GNOME:STABLE GNOME:GTK:* may be deleted as well. (It will
break gimp rebuild for older openSUSE versions in multimedia:graphics,
but it could be easily worked around.

GNOME:STABLE contains what was in openSUSE 11.1 and is suppose to be
updated to latest 2.24.x (already have a few updates like evo in there)
so we want to keep it.

If GNOME:GTK.* is causing issues it'd be good to fix it or get rid of
it. I'm not involved in that one so I'll leave that up to you :-)

Cheers,
Magnus