Re: [opensuse-gnome] Calling all teams
  • From: "Christopher Hobbs" <chobbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:03:07 -0600
On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 18:55 -0600, Bryen wrote:
On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 10:41 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello,

I just had a look at our wiki page [1] and lots of stuff was really
outdated. We had "Report a bug" pointing to 10.3 etc. I think we really
need to have virtual teams that take responsible for the different
parts, such as wiki, packaging, testing, bug reporting etc.

We currently do have a page for Team [2] and Directory [3]

On the Directory [3] page, we list the following topics;

* Accessibility
* Bug Tracking
* Packaging
* Meetings
* Helping Hands
* GNOME Repositories

I think we need a wiki specific topic as well, and would like each and
everyone of you to add yourself to the topics of interest and where you
can help. We should then try to go through these topics once a month
(either during the normal meeting or as a separate meeting) to make sure
that we keep this up to date.
As I see it, people adding themselfs to the wiki topic would have a huge
task on their hand, checking pages to make sure they are current. It's
also a great way to contribute if you don't have coding skills etc.

Opinions?

Cheers,
Magnus

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Team
[3] http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Directory

Well, besides spelling "themselfs" when it should be "themselves", I
think its a great idea. But reality is, it's always a challenge.
Dividing up the work is a good approach if we all agree that we'll each
consistently update our tasked pages.

Bigger challenge still is to clean up the wiki overall. Reorganize
pages as needed, remove pages as needed, etc.

Perhaps we need to have a Wiki Hack Day soon to do this.
--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member

I wouldn't know anything about this wiki cleanup...

Maybe yet another wiki meeting is in order and we can identify what
exactly needs polishing?
--
Christopher M. Hobbs, chobbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator, City of Siloam Springs