Re: [opensuse-gnome] To Changelog or to not Changelog
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:07:14 +1100
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 12:52 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 1/30/2009 at 12:49 PM, Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games/openSUSE_11.1/repodata/repovi
ew/freeciv-0-2.1.8-4.2.html

You can see the changelog there even BEFORE you get the package downloaded
and installed.

This qualifies for me as a very good reason to have this information in
the
RPM Metadata.

Cool. Tell me, honestly, how often do you do that, and also, do you
reckon that most users check that?

Magnus,
(Getting it back on the list as others might be interested).

Sorry, though I replied to all but...

It happens that I do it.. can't give you a count though.
It rarely happens in packages that I pick from 'my trusted' repos, but if a
package from another one comes I sure do check it out.

You forgot to answer my question about "How often do you think \"normal
\" users need/do it"?

Cheers,
Magnus