Re: [opensuse-gnome] To Changelog or to not Changelog
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:10:11 +0100
Le vendredi 30 janvier 2009, à 12:02 +1100, Magnus Boman a écrit :
Hello,

Currently, when doing package updates, we have some (strange) policy
that we have to put in what changes upstream made (ie, bugfixes, new
features etc).

All this information is already available in the NEWS/ChangeLog file for
most packages.

Since this doesn't seem to be an openSUSE policy [1] I wonder why we
enforce this for GNOME components?

Can you ask on opensuse-packaging if there's a policy (strict or not)
about this?

FWIW, I find it annoying to fill this information too, but:

+ I like to be able to see the openSUSE changes and upstream changes in
one place with the rpm changelog

+ it helps me review requests submitted to G:F. If I see that upstream
dropped libgnomeui, but that the packages still depends on
libgnomeui, I can tell the submitter.