[opensuse-gnome] /GNOME wiki cleanup
  • From: "Christopher Hobbs" <chobbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:31:01 -0500
Greetings, list!

We've been discussing the state of the GNOME section of the wiki for the
past two meetings. This mailing has been delayed mainly because I've
been incredibly busy in my personal life.

I'd like to try to tackle a wiki cleanup event, similar in fashion to
our BugDays. The /GNOME section of the wiki could use a little updating
and perhaps a better navigation scheme from a support standpoint.

That being said, I'd like to know what you like or dislike about the
GNOME section? What would you like to see there or what would you post
yourself if you had the time? What would you remove?

If we get some good discussion, I'll try to organize a day to implement
some of our ideas.

We also discussed the potential of having a single person responsible
for checking the wiki on occasion to make sure that it's complete and in
order. A maintainer of sorts, I suppose. Given the collaborative
nature of a wiki, it wouldn't seem logical to have a single person
editing pages, but rather a single person simply checking for stale,
outdated, or misplaced pages and potentially grammatical errors.

So, with all of that out of the way, what are your thoughts?

Thanks!
--
Christopher M. Hobbs, chobbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator, City of Siloam Springs